Companies with high ESG scores will outperform, because they:
Are a good proxy for superior management
Will attract significant institutional flows
Contribute to Investment Risk Mitigation
What makes our Approach to ESG unique?
Investing with a sole focus on ESG can result in buying over-priced stocks. We create portfolios with superior fundamental characteristics and very high ESG Scores and very low Carbon Footprint at the same time.
What is the expected Performance impact of ESG?
We use MSCI ESG database and we developed our own ARTICO ESG factor, which is a good predictor of future outperformance
Artico Partners is a signatory of the UN PRI, follows the engagement work and the exclusion list of the SVVK (Swiss Association for Responsible Investments), fully supports the PARIS agreement on climate change and is also a supporter of the TCFD (Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures).
Published ARTICO Research:
Is sustainable investing a positive or negative contributor to outperformance? And how patient do investors need to be to capitalize on any positive effects? Our research results answer these questions and our conclusions on the required time horizon may come as a surprise for investors hesitating to introduce sustainable investing.
A Team of Experienced Partners co-invested in our funds
Dr. Ulrich Niederer
Chairman and Senior Partner
As Chairman of ARTICO Partners, Ulrich oversees the business strategy, the product development and the investment activities of the firm. Operationally, he is directly responsible for Risk Management and Compliance. Ulrich is a Founding Partner of ARTICO.
Ulrich has more than 30 years of investment experience and started his career as quantitative research analyst in 1986 at the then Swiss Bank Corporation. His various functions at SBC and later UBS Global Asset Management included: Chief Investment Officer, Co-CEO Switzerland, Chairman of the Swiss Business and Head of the Alternative Investment Management Business (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Infrastructure). Ulrich holds a PhD in Nuclear Physics from University of Basle.
Dr. Gabriel Herrera
CEO and Senior Partner
As CEO of ARTICO Partners, Gabriel is responsible for all aspects of the business including the product development, client relationships and the investment activities of the firm. Gabriel is a Founding Partner of ARTICO.
Gabriel has more than 30 years of investment experience and started his career as equity research analyst in 1987 at the then Swiss Bank Corporation. His various functions at SBC and later UBS Global Asset Management included: Head of Equity Research, Co-CEO Switzerland and then CEO Europe Middle East & Africa. Gabriel holds a PhD in Economics from University of Basle.
CIO and Partner
As Chief Investment Officer Tero is responsible for the research and development of investment strategies and portfolios. His responsibilities include the continued development of the investment platform and the portfolio management of ARTICO funds.
Tero’s background contains several years of experience in global equity portfolio management and prior experience in the areas of software development, quality management and team leadership. Tero holds MsC in computer science from the Helsinki University of Technology and MBA from the Purdue University. Tero is also a CFA Charterholder.
Head PM and Partner
Michael’s main responsibility is the portfolio management of ARTICO funds. His further responsibilities include the development of the investment platform, and research and development of investment products and strategies.
Michael holds diploma certificate in electrical engineering and MBA from the university of South Australia. He has several years of experience in global equity portfolio management and prior experience in software development in the areas of telecommunications, medical engineering and finance.
COO and Partner
As Chief Operating Officer of ARTICO, Andreas is responsible for the operational part of the investment management, including the fund operations and trading activities.
Andreas‘ background involves several years of work experience in the finance industry, mainly in global equity trading and operations functions. He is holder of Swiss federal diploma in business organization and a diploma in applied psychology.
As significant co-investors in our funds at the same conditions than our clients, we have „skin-in-the-game“. Is there a better way to fully align our interests?
ARTICO Partners awarded GOLD rating by Citywire for its Emerging Market Funds!
We are pleased to announce that Citywire has awarded a GOLD Rating for ARTICO’s Sustainable Emerging Market Funds. Citywire awards such Gold Rating only to few selected asset managers and does so in a fully independent manner.
Are Central banks hostage to markets and their indebted governments?
• First of all we would sincerely like to thank all of you for your support in our first 10 years of operation!
• Over these 10 years we have delivered a strong absolute and relative performance to our investors
• Our focus on research has resulted in continuous improvements of our investment approach and – 2 years ago – to a full integration of ESG and carbon footprint criteria
• We are now able to claim a very unique combination of portfolio characteristics not found elsewhere: Excellent fundamentals, very high ESG scores and very low carbon footprint at the same time!
• Your, our investors, have always supported us in these developments. We are very grateful.
• Not much news on the equity markets
• Global Developed Markets were up 1.5%, Global Small Caps gained 0.2% and Emerging Markets advanced 0.2%
• ARTICO stock selectionin the first half year generated excellent resultsin all three investment universes
• Significant outperformance against last year’s winners focused on large cap growth stocks continued
• The FED’s overly prudent tone highlights highlights how much central banks are falling behind the curve in terms of necessary monetary policy adjustments
• Central banks are hostage to markets and their own indebted governments
• It is unlikely we will see significantly rising interest rates any time soon
• So, real assets should continue to be preferred over nominal assets
• The more exuberance you see in markets the better it is to follow a solid investment strategy
• Artico Sustainable Equity Funds are well positioned to navigate through unpredictable future
• (1) Artico is invested in companies with fundamental characteristics of highest quality
• (2) Artico funds have no single style or single sector bias (size, growth, value, technology, etc)
• (3) Artico funds have excellent ESG characteristics and very low carbon footprint
• Our Artico Sustainable Defensive Global Flagship Fund allows cautious investors to fully benefit from ARTICO’s stock selection at 90% reduced market risk. • Currency-hedging costs have been very high over recent years making EURO and CHF-hedged share classes look unattractive, but interest rate differentials are less now (slightly below 1%) We are finalising the operational account opening to be ready to launch our new ARTICO Golden Dragon Fund. It will be different from other „Greater China Funds“ as it will not only have better fundamental characteristics, but also a much better ESG rating and a significantly lower carbon footprint. This will be a key-feature in the years to come as China has a lot of catch-up to do in terms of sustainability. Please contact us to receive more information.